Friday, 2 May 2014

Blog Post 74 - Stage 3 - Editing and Compiling - Scene 12

Scene 12 Trimmed and Added
With the majority of the scenes now added to the time line for that of the promotional video it was now time for me to add the final scene, number 12, to the timeline which would be the last scene prior to the end title credits.

In a similar fashion to that of Blog Post 67 for the first scene, I think that it is very important to not only have a strong start to a film trailer, but also that of a strong ending to the film trailer too. In a similar vain to that of the beginning of a film trailer being strong as to catch the audiences attention, I feel that the end of a trailer should be strong too as to create a long lasting impression and to sow the seed for the film too so that they will remember it. This would be in conjunction with that of the trailer end credits, which I will move onto next. 

With this in mind I decided that I was going to use one of the most well known quotes from Gene Hunt when he is arresting someone. Throughout the program of Ashes to Ashes Gene Hunt is often heard to shout "that's not how it goes!" when another officer arrests a criminal, as this is not "his" way of arresting someone. The full quote is that of "You're nicked for the murder of Delphine Parks, the rape and attempted murder of Nina Akiboa. Anything you say will be taken down, ripped up and shoved down your scrawny little throat until you're choked to death. Gene Hunt, Chapter 1, Verse 2." With this being a rather shocking statement to hear a policeman say, this was exactly the sort of thing that I was looking to use as a shocking end to the scene.

I remembered that this piece of footage I had already downloaded for the use in Scene 1, and the source of this is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t366JGFiKNw) - this particular video was a fan compilation video. Viewing this in the Source Viewer I was once again able to make use of the Mark In and Mark Out points to make the selection that I wanted for this First Scene as the total length for this particular clip was 04:10 minutes long. The Mark In point I used was actually 04:01:19 seconds and a Mark Out point of 04:10:12 seconds giving me just over 8 seconds of footage that took into account Gene saying his statement of arrest. Once I was happy with the selection then the clip could be firstly dragged from the Source Viewer to the My Trimmed Clips project bin, and then drag this to the timeline. Once I was happy with the selection then the clip could be firstly dragged from the Source Viewer to the My Trimmed Clips project bin, and then drag this to the timeline.

With this final scene now added to the timeline this meant that I could now go about creating the end credits of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment