Friday, 2 May 2014

Blog Post 75 - Stage 3 - Editing and Compiling - Trailer Conclusion

Trailer Conclusion Added

Reminiscing back to Blog Post 66, back then I set about starting the editing and compilation of the promotional video in Premiere with the use of the Introductory scene with that of the certification from the BBFC whereas it was declared suitable to watch for the age rating of 15 years and above.

Since that point in time I have since pulled together from a variety of sources that of footage from the previous series' of both Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars, as well as using a lot of original footage that I have staged and filmed myself for the use in this promotional video and now it was at a point to successfully end that of the trailer.

As mentioned in the last blog post in regards to the last scene of footage that I used in the the promotional video, I decided to use it as I felt it portrayed that of a strong ending and at that point of time I had an idea for that of the Trailer conclusion that would link to this too.

My overall plan for my conclusion to the trailer was to have an image of Gene Hunt, the main character, placed behind that of the film title text and that of the film slogan "The 80s are back and it's criminal", and finally a notice of when this film would be expected to be out in cinemas. This would also be combined with a sound effect as to emphasis the ending of the trailer, and that will be explained more in the future.

Custom Title Added Over Conclusion
To begin with, it was important for me to source a fitting image of Gene Hunt to be used as the background picture. The one that you can see that I opted for I chose for number of reasons. The first is that it is the right orientation and it fits well within the screen size of the source viewer - this is important because if, for example, I chose a picture that was of the entire portrait of gene this would naturally be in portrait formation and would not fit the screen well enough. By this picture being in the format of landscape this meant that it nicely filled the entire screen. Another reason for this is that other the dark element to the background around Gene, and this was useful in regards to the Title and text element that I was going to be using in the future. To use this, I once again downloaded it and and saved this already high resolution image to my computer which meant that I would be able to then import this to Premiere. Once imported I could then drag this to the timeline with a length that took the entire length of the promotional video to exactly 1:00 minute long which was the exact time that the specification stated, so it was important to ensure that I kept to this. 

Once this was in place, I was able to navigate to Title -> New Title -> Default Still I was able to customise my title, and it was important to bear a few things in mind. For example, it was important to ensure that that title background was going to be that of transparent with no fill as I wanted the clip below to show through, giving the appearance of the the title already being in place. Once I had a rough idea of where it would be and the title had been dragged onto the timeline, I was then able to fine tune the place where it would be by keeping an eye on the viewing window area. It was also important to ensure that the Title was put into the Video 2 area as to ensure that the Title sat on top of that of the clip and was therefore visible.

All in all I was very pleased with the trailer conclusion, however personally felt that this lacked a little something and therefore with this in mind I decided to go a step further and include that of an extra sound effect. Further details of that in the next blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment