Friday, 2 May 2014

Blog Post 72 - Stage 3 - Editing and Compiling - Scene 7

Scene 7 Trimmed and Added
Having just added the last scene to the promotional video timeline, I felt that I wanted to sort of the continue the last scene with that of an appropriate piece video clip from that of a previous series of Ashes to Ashes. The reason for this is that in the last scene Gene explained in his usual manner that "the world's getting tougher and the police have to match it, people want the job done, they don't want to know how", and therefore I felt that a controversial piece of footage could be well placed for the next scene. I remembered back to an episode of Ashes to Ashes whereas there was scene where Gene was seen to be apprehending a criminal on the back of a speedboat on  the Thames, which the camera then cut to him wielding a machine gun and loading this up whilst the boat was moving. 

This, I though, would be the perfect piece of footage to use as this meant that it would once again give the viewers a taste of the sort of action and footage they would be expecting to see if they were to watch the film that this promotional video was of.

With this in mind, I remembered that this piece of footage I had already downloaded for the use in Scene 1, and the source of this is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t366JGFiKNw) - this particular video was a fan compilation video. Viewing this in the Source Viewer I was once again able to make use of the Mark In and Mark Out points to make the selection that I wanted for this First Scene as the total length for this particular clip was 04:04 minutes long. The Mark In point I used was actually 57:02 seconds and a Mark Out point of 01:01:05 seconds giving me just over 4 seconds of footage that took into account both the view of the speed boat and that of Gene too. Once I was happy with the selection then the clip could be firstly dragged from the Source Viewer to the My Trimmed Clips project bin, and then drag this to the timeline.

For this particular clip I also decided that I did not need the audio element of the clip as I was planning something else for the audio element of this part of the promotional video. With this in mind, once this was on the timeline this meant that I was able to Right Click -> Unlink and then simply delete the audio element. Not only did I have another audio element in mind, unfortunately on that particular fan video compilation where I sourced the video, there was music overdubbed over the top and this was not something that I particularly wanted in this stage of the video.

Having now added Scene 7 to the promotional video timeline, this meant that I was able to move onto the next scene which is in regards to the second part of originally footage that I recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment