Friday, 2 May 2014

Blog Post 71 - Stage 3 - Editing and Compiling - Scene 6

With the Introduction and first five scenes already in place, the compilation of the promotional video is now at the half way stage. For the next scene, number six, I decided to go along the route of using some more footage from a previous series. The reason for this is that I felt that it was important to include footage of the main character, and also for this footage to set the scene and give the audience an idea of what the sort of the thing that the film would be about which would hopefully draw their interest into the film, and convince them to watch it in the future. 

Scene 6 / 12 Trimmed and Added
Researching around the internet and also YouTube, the video sharing website, I was able to find the piece of footage that I was looking for as a user had uploaded it as part of  fan compilation video. The link for this is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zivbHXKlAo). Although I have yet to cover this in a Blog Post yet (although this will be covered in a future Blog Post) I was able to download this from YouTube by making use of a website called KeepVid (http://keepvid.com). As mentioned, further detailed information regarding this website and the issues surrounding that of downloading videos online will be detailed in a future blog post. Once this was downloaded I was then able to import this into Premiere in the usual way of File -> Import and then place in in the project bin called My Source Clips. Viewing this in the Source Viewer I was once again able to make use of the Mark In and Mark Out points to make the selection that I wanted for this First Scene as the total length for this particular clip was 06:37 minutes long. The Mark In point I used was actually 24:07 seconds and a Mark Out point of 29:20 seconds giving me just over 5 seconds of footage of that of Gene Hunt telling it how he sees it. In this scene Gene really does voice his opinion starting with the expression of "Cobblers" and then goes onto voice his opinion on how the Police Force should be run. I thought it good to include this as then the viewers of the trailer would then definitely know that the back story of this is in regards to the Police, and hopefully help them get a gist of the situation. Once I was happy with the selection then the clip could be firstly dragged from the Source Viewer to the My Trimmed Clips project bin, and then drag this to the timeline.

With this sixth scene now added this meant that I could then move onto the next scene of the promotional video.

No comments:

Post a Comment