Friday, 2 May 2014

Blog Post 70 - Stage 3 - Editing and Compiling - Scene 5 (Gene's Exclamation)

Although I had filmed the original footage for this part of the promotional video, in a similar vain to that of the gun shot sound effect that I previously added in Blog Post 64, I decided that I would also like to add another sound element to this part too. When I was carrying out research and taking inspiration from previous video clips of Gene Hunt I stumbled across a video clip of Gene Hunt expressing his sincere dislike to a criminal that had shot his car. When I saw this I decided that as I had the gun shot in place this was something that I would really like to include within this part of the promotional video. This particular clip that I found is on this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-RusMyVIKk) and also on below on the blog:


Within this video clip for this scene it shows Gene Hunt arriving in his fabled Audio Quattro, however once he and Alex are out of the car a criminal shoots his door window causing it to obviously smash. This this in mind the team gather behind the back of the cars however Gene is not happy at all and proceeds to shout at the criminal "You shot my car your b*****d" in the style to which he is known for. Although this line does contain swearing I felt that as my DVD was rated as a 15 age rating then this would be OK. Although I have yet to cover this in a Blog Post yet (although this will be covered in a future Blog Post) I was able to download this from YouTube by making use of a website called KeepVid (http://keepvid.com). As mentioned, further detailed information regarding this website and the issues surrounding that of downloading videos online will be detailed in a future blog post. 


Gene's Exclamation Trimmed and Added
Once this was downloaded I was then able to import this into Premiere in the usual way of File -> Import and then place in in the project bin called My Source Clips. Viewing this in the Source Viewer I was once again able to make use of the Mark In and Mark Out points to make the selection for just the exclamation from Gene that I wanted - I only needed the one gun shot so a small selection of just 12:15 seconds to 14:17 seconds was made and then dragged to the My Trimmed Clips project bin. To remove the video element I was able to on the video Right Click -> Unlink and this meant that the video and audio were not linked together. Then I was able to select the video and simply press delete. This meant that I was just left with the audio element and therefore this was just what I was looking to achieve. Regarding placement I decided to put it where it is so that the gunshot sound is just before and to try and make the appearance as realistic as possible. Once again it was placed in the Audio 2 section of the timeline and this was because the main audio footage from the original clips was in Audio 1 and this audio was that of an extra.

Having added in this further enhancement to this original footage for this part of the scene this meant that I was able to move onto the next scenes of the promotional video.

No comments:

Post a Comment