Having now started the compilation stage of my promotional video and with the first introductory element having been included in the previous Blog Post, this meant that I was able to move onto the next stage being that of the First Scene, number 1 / 12.
I personally think that it is important to have a strong start in a film trailer as this is obviously the first thing that a potential audience and/or view is going to see of your film. With this in mind I decided that I wanted to set the scene of the entire film of the sort of thing that could be expected when viewing the film. For this I decided that I would revert not to a previous series' of Ashes to Ashes, but to a previous series of Life On Mars where a rather good scene was used to start of one of their programs. Obviously if I was professional doing this then the footage of the main character would be of that from the actual film, however of course this was something that was not at all going to be possible and therefore this is something that I had to work with.
 |
| First Scene Trimmed and Added |
Researching around the internet and also YouTube, the video sharing website, I was able to find the piece of footage that I was looking for as a user had uploaded it as part of fan compilation video. The link for this is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t366JGFiKNw). Although I have yet to cover this in a Blog Post yet (although this will be covered in a future Blog Post) I was able to download this from YouTube by making use of a website called KeepVid (http://keepvid.com). As mentioned, further detailed information regarding this website and the issues surrounding that of downloading videos online will be detailed in a future blog post. Once this was downloaded I was then able to import this into Premiere in the usual way of File -> Import and then place in in the project bin called My Source Clips. Viewing this in the Source Viewer I was once again able to make use of the Mark In and Mark Out points to make the selection that I wanted for this First Scene as the total length for this particular clip was 04:04 minutes long. The Mark In point I used was actually 0:00 seconds and a Mark Out point of 10:04 seconds giving me just over 10 seconds of action packed footage of that of Gene Hunt. Personally I feel that this scene really does "set the scene", for use of the expression, and gives an insight to the rest of the film too. The combination of a "Put down your weapons, you're surrounded by armed b******s" with a load of gun shots and a shout of "Up yours" in retaliation from the criminal gang sets the pace for that of the rest of the film too. I also decided to use this particular piece of footage due to the criminal gang clearly wearing balaclava's and this will tie in nicely with the next planned scene of that of original footage that I filmed myself.
With the first scene in place, this meant that I could now move onto the second scene which is in regards to using part one of my original footage.
No comments:
Post a Comment