Friday, 11 April 2014

Blog Post 49 - Stage 2 - Completed Design: Modifications

Following on from the formative feedback that I reviewed in the last Blog Post (48), in regard to this feedback that was received I felt it necessary to include a Modifications Blog Post that would detail any changes to that of my design for this stage of the assignment.

Placed together as a comparison in quality
As with all design elements, the first "final" design is always unlikely to be the actual finished piece and modifications will be carried out to just perfect it and tweak it in such a way so that the finished product is that of the best that it can be. With this in mind after speaking to Jamie in the Formative Feedback session he pointed out that the Age Certification Logo appeared to be a bit pixelated and this might be something to look into.

Having looked at my DVDDiscCase Illustrator file it appeared that the Age Certification Logo that I had used was the same one that I had used in Adobe Photoshop for Stage One of this assignment...as we know Photoshop is a bitmap editing program and even though I had previously downloaded and used the vectorised graphic from the BBFC website (http://www.bbfc.co.uk/downloads/logos) for that part, it had been rasterized in the process and therefore what I currently had in place on my On Disc Logo was not a vectorised graphic. To resolve this, I decided to revisit the above link to the BBFC website and download the vectorised file again and import it into my DVDDiscCase to replace what I currently had.

Modification carried out.
Overall I was very pleased with Jamie's comments in regards to the appearance of the Age Certification Logo and the fact that I did not have a vectorised image in place was something I had overlooked. However, testament to the entire design phase I was then able to find this out through the formative feedback, and then revisit and carry out the necessary modifications in this blog post.

With this in mind, I can now officially declare that as this modification has now been made and completed, this Stage of the assignment has now been completed. This now leads me onto the final element for Stage Two, a final evaluation of the completed design and design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment