At this stage of the project I feel like I am now in a position to summarise and conclude my initial ideas which I have been researching and this will therefore allow me to continue with the assignment.
As I mentioned in the previous Initial Ideas Blog Posts, I was considering the series of both Ashes to Ashes and The Professionals. Taking all of the research of the initial ideas into consideration, and trying to think of what will be the most effective route for this assignment to go in, I decided to take inspiration from both of these ideas and put my own slight twist on it, too.
![]() |
| Gene's Quattro before and after gun-fire |
This could imply that there might be a Series 4 of Ashes to Ashes, however this is very unlikely due to the rest of the "team" now being in The Railway Arms as well as there not being a Quattro any more...
After much deliberation regarding the route of the assignment, as mentioned I have decided that I will use a combination of both Ashes to Ashes and The Professionals. I've decided that my twist on these will be that the tables have turned for Gene and this results in him moving to the future as opposed to staying in Limbo in the past with both Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Obviously due to his Quattro being destroyed therefore he will be needed a new car, and the Ford Capri will fill this position nicely as well as being from the right era too which is perfect. Where the inspiration from The Professionals comes from is firstly that of the Capri being featured, but also when I move to Stage 3 and the video trailer, the element of a car chase utilising the Capri will be able to be put into action involving some original footage that I will be able to shoot. Due to the original team of Ray, Chris and Shaz having gone to The Railway Arms (heaven) personally I think there is no future for a series set in the past otherwise a total revision of new characters would be needed, and the truth about Gene is now known so it will never be the same unlike that of the suspense of the previous three series.
In conclusion, I now feel that I have set the scene and concluded my initial ideas. From here, I will be able to move forward with the assignment, and properly start Stage 1 which is the design and creation of the DVD cover. Therefore, the next stage will be in regards to the design ideas for the DVD cover, however this will be completed after the template for the cover has been set-up and discussed.
![]() |
| Gene's new wheels; a 1986 Ford Capri. |
In conclusion, I now feel that I have set the scene and concluded my initial ideas. From here, I will be able to move forward with the assignment, and properly start Stage 1 which is the design and creation of the DVD cover. Therefore, the next stage will be in regards to the design ideas for the DVD cover, however this will be completed after the template for the cover has been set-up and discussed.
References
Audi Quattro Photo - Link - Last accessed 13th February 2014.
Audi Quattro Photo - Link - Last accessed 13th February 2014.


No comments:
Post a Comment