| Audio Transitions |
Following on from the last Blog Post in regards to the Video Transitions that are available in Premiere I thought it best for this next Blog Post to be in relation to the closely linked Audio Transitions that are available. These are similar in concept to that of the Video Transitions in that when moving between two different clips in a video these transitions give you the option apart from that of the straight and harsh change between two different areas of audio. Certainly in some cases where there is distinctive different between two clips this can cause for an unprofessional outcome. Also, although the video element is what you see when you are watching the promotional video, I feel that the audio element is also something that is very important too can could definitely make a difference to that of the end result.
In regards to the choice that Premiere offers in relation to that of the Audio Transitions, unfortunately compared to that of the Video Transitions there really is a lot less on offer. However even though there are quite a few less I do not think that they are anything less important, and in some cases can really affect the end result of a video. All of the following three Audio Transitions are based under the effect of Cross Fade:
Cross Fade - Gain - This audio transition is where the second clip's audio is allowed to be gradually played over the first sound clip at an equal rate to that of the first clip being faded down, so then only the second clip can be heard. However, if used over a short space of time this can make the transitions between the two sound rather harsh and not produce a good effect.
Cross Fade - Constant Power - This audio transition is where a smooth and gradual transition is created whereby the first clip is slowly decreased in audio and then quickly at the end of the transmission. By using this step in difference this makes for a smooth transition with a pleased effect.
Cross Fade - Exponential Fade - This audio transition is rather similar in that to the Cross Fade - Gain however instead of the two clips being played over one another, the first clip is faded down to a point of not being heard and then the second clip is then faded up to be heard. This in theory gives for a seamless fade between the first and second clip's audio.
All in all I am glad that I have looked into each of the Audio Transitions that are available in Premiere and at this early stage I feel that I will be looking at possibly using the Cross Fade - Exponential Fade the most in the future and possibly for my promotional video. With that in mind though, I am not saying that the others do not have their uses as personally I feel that they are all professional in how they go about the transition of audio however my personal favourite is that of the Exponential Fade which I feel gives the smoothest and most seamless transition too.
Having now looked at both the Video and the Audio Transitions that are available to me in Premiere I am started to get to grips with the software and will soon be ready to start that of designing and creating my promotional video. However prior to that the next Blog Post will be in relation to the Titles element of Premiere.
No comments:
Post a Comment