Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Blog Post 28 - Stage 1 - Completed Design: Modifications

Following on from the formative feedback that I reviewed in the last Blog Post (27), in regard to this feedback that was received I felt it necessary to include a modifications Blog Post that would detail any changes to that of my design for this stage of the assignment.

As with all design elements, the first "final" design is always unlikely to be the actual finished piece and modifications will be carried out to just perfect it and tweak it in such a way so that the finished product is that of the best that it can be. With this in mind, after speaking to Tony in the Formative Feedback session he kindly pointed out about the lack of a Region marking on the DVD Information Panel. I must admit this is something that I overlooked and probably due to not being aware of the differences and therefore some research was needed.

Researching on the Internet I managed to come across the BBC Website which listed all of the different regions for the DVDs, and there are copied below for information (link)

Regional Code- Countries

1 USA, Canada & US Territories
2 Europe, Japan, South Africa, Middle East (including Egypt)
3 South East Asia, East Asia (including Hong Kong but not China)
4 Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Central & South America, Caribbean and Pacific Islands.
5 Former Soviet Union, Indian Subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
6 China (excluding Hong Kong)
0 Region Free

Modifications Before and After - Adding Region 2 Logo
Certainly once again looking back to the original it was apparently that a Region Code of 2 was used which is expected as for Europe this is the Regional code that DVDs will feature. Having researched this I was now in a position to carry out the modification so Photoshop was loaded and the DVDAmarayCover PSD was loaded. Prior to this, though, Google Image Search (www.images.google.com) was used to try and find a suitable Region 2 Logo that I could use on my DVD Information Cover. Once downloaded, I was able to open the file into Photoshop and then I could use the Duplicate Layer function. Once again by using Duplicate Layer this allowed me to take a copy of the layer (the Logo) and place it into my DVDAmarayCover Photoshop File. The Move Tool could then be used to move and also resize the image, once again using the Shift Key to ensure that the aspect ratio was kept the same and not to distort the image. I also placed the Logo in such a way that it was in keeping with the location of the other Logos, and in this case I moved the Turbo Productions Logo to the left and the DVD Video Logo to the right to allow for the sufficient space for the Region 2 Logo.

Overall, considering that was a last minute modification to the design I was really thankful for the formative feedback from Tony in regards to adding this. With this in mind, I can now officially declare that as this modification has now been made and completed, this Stage of the assignment has now been completed. This now leads me onto the final element for Stage One, a final evaluation of the completed design and design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment